Three teenage boys robbed and assaulted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men assaulted three boys in St Albans and stole their wallets and phones.
The boys were walking in Verulamium Park, near Ye Olde Fighting Cocks pub at about 11.30pm on Wednesday, June 21.
They had just passed the River Ver when they were approached by three men, who assaulted the boys and removed their personal items, including mobile phones, wallets and bags.
The men then ran off back into the park towards the main lakes.
The boys suffered swelling to their faces as a result of the attack.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders are described as one white man and two black men, aged around 20, wearing black clothing and white trainers.
Det Con Gareth John is investigating and said: “I would like to trace any witnesses to the incident. We are very keen to trace the men responsible for this incident so they cannot commit further offences of this nature.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
“If you believe you saw what happened or the offenders before or after the offence in the area, you are asked to contact police at the earliest opportunity.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact DC John on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/2930.