Three teenage boys robbed and assaulted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men assaulted three boys in St Albans and stole their wallets and phones.
The boys were walking in Verulamium Park, near Ye Olde Fighting Cocks pub at about 11.30pm on Wednesday, June 21.
They had just passed the River Ver when they were approached by three men, who assaulted the boys and removed their personal items, including mobile phones, wallets and bags.
The men then ran off back into the park towards the main lakes.
The boys suffered swelling to their faces as a result of the attack.
The offenders are described as one white man and two black men, aged around 20, wearing black clothing and white trainers.
Det Con Gareth John is investigating and said: “I would like to trace any witnesses to the incident. We are very keen to trace the men responsible for this incident so they cannot commit further offences of this nature.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 7 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
“If you believe you saw what happened or the offenders before or after the offence in the area, you are asked to contact police at the earliest opportunity.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact DC John on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/2930.