Three teenage boys robbed and assaulted in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men assaulted three boys in St Albans and stole their wallets and phones.
The boys were walking in Verulamium Park, near Ye Olde Fighting Cocks pub at about 11.30pm on Wednesday, June 21.
They had just passed the River Ver when they were approached by three men, who assaulted the boys and removed their personal items, including mobile phones, wallets and bags.
The men then ran off back into the park towards the main lakes.
The boys suffered swelling to their faces as a result of the attack.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders are described as one white man and two black men, aged around 20, wearing black clothing and white trainers.
Det Con Gareth John is investigating and said: “I would like to trace any witnesses to the incident. We are very keen to trace the men responsible for this incident so they cannot commit further offences of this nature.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
“If you believe you saw what happened or the offenders before or after the offence in the area, you are asked to contact police at the earliest opportunity.”
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact DC John on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F1/17/2930.