St Albans mobile shop teaming up with Scouts to achieve digital badge
- Credit: Archant
Tech-whizzes are helping St Albans scouts to add a digital badge to their sash collections.
Three Mobile in The Maltings Shopping Centre is running Discovery Sessions with the fourth St Albans Scout Group Cubs and Beavers to work towards their Digital Citizen badge.
However, everyone can assess the education aid - which does not sell Three products but aims to teach individuals, schools and clubs about technology.
The evening sessions cover basic social media use, tech troubleshooting and curriculum-based school projects.
Assistant Cub Scout leader Karl Shek said: “Feedback from our Cubs and Beavers has been very positive and the Three Mobile store staff were very engaging during the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
“The Maltings has added to this community initiative by providing parking for the course attendees too, it’s been amazing.”
Call the shop on 01727 866641 for more information.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works