St Albans mobile shop teaming up with Scouts to achieve digital badge
- Credit: Archant
Tech-whizzes are helping St Albans scouts to add a digital badge to their sash collections.
Three Mobile in The Maltings Shopping Centre is running Discovery Sessions with the fourth St Albans Scout Group Cubs and Beavers to work towards their Digital Citizen badge.
However, everyone can assess the education aid - which does not sell Three products but aims to teach individuals, schools and clubs about technology.
The evening sessions cover basic social media use, tech troubleshooting and curriculum-based school projects.
Assistant Cub Scout leader Karl Shek said: “Feedback from our Cubs and Beavers has been very positive and the Three Mobile store staff were very engaging during the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
“The Maltings has added to this community initiative by providing parking for the course attendees too, it’s been amazing.”
Call the shop on 01727 866641 for more information.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend