Three more arrests in St Albans man’s disappearance
DETECTIVES investigating the suspected murder of St Albans man Murray Thompson have arrested another three men.
Police announced this afternoon that they arrested a 56-year-old man from Chiswell Green along with a 45-year-old and a 23-year-old man from Watford on suspicion of murder yesterday (Wednesday) and they were later bailed.
A 21-year-old from Watford was arrested on June 3 and was due to answer police bail today.
Murray’s Gil-Lec work van was last seen in the area of St Albans Road/Leavesden Road in Watford around the time he went missing and was later located in Bushey on May 4.
Police established that a flat in St Albans Road had been previously visited by 34-year-old Murray and forensic investigations which took place there led them to believe that he has been murdered, but no body has been found.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly 5,000 people have joined a Facebook group in the search for Murray and heartfelt messages appealing for his safe return continue to be posted there on a daily basis.
Anyone with information about Murray’s disappearance is urged to contact police via the incident room on 01707 355959 or alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church