Three more arrests in St Albans man’s disappearance
DETECTIVES investigating the suspected murder of St Albans man Murray Thompson have arrested another three men.
Police announced this afternoon that they arrested a 56-year-old man from Chiswell Green along with a 45-year-old and a 23-year-old man from Watford on suspicion of murder yesterday (Wednesday) and they were later bailed.
A 21-year-old from Watford was arrested on June 3 and was due to answer police bail today.
Murray’s Gil-Lec work van was last seen in the area of St Albans Road/Leavesden Road in Watford around the time he went missing and was later located in Bushey on May 4.
Police established that a flat in St Albans Road had been previously visited by 34-year-old Murray and forensic investigations which took place there led them to believe that he has been murdered, but no body has been found.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly 5,000 people have joined a Facebook group in the search for Murray and heartfelt messages appealing for his safe return continue to be posted there on a daily basis.
Anyone with information about Murray’s disappearance is urged to contact police via the incident room on 01707 355959 or alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall