Three men in hospital following serious Smallford crash
A MAN remains in a critical condition in hospital following a serious accident in Smallford yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.
The collision involving two cars – a Honda Civic and a Kia Rio – happened just after 2pm in Oaklands Lane near to the junction with Sandpit Lane and resulted in three people sustaining serious injuries.
The man driving the Honda, a 28-year-old from St Albans, was taken to QE11 hospital before being transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital with serious injuries and he remains there in a critical condition today.
The two occupants of the other vehicle, a 45-year-old man from Hatfield and a 38-year-old man from St Albans were also taken to the QE11 hospital where they remain with serious injuries.
The road was closed for around three hours while police carried out investigations and recovery of the vehicles took place.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information and witnesses about the collision and anyone who can assist the investigation should call the Road Crash Investigation Unit via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre