Three men charged with Harpenden jewellery shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
THREE men have appeared at St Albans Crown Court charged in connection with a kidnap and robbery at a jewellery shop in Harpenden.
Tens of thousands of pounds worth of jewellery was stolen in the robbery, which took place at about 5.30pm on Wednesday March 20 at Loveweds Jewellers on the High Street.
A spokeswoman for Herts police said that a man working at the store was held against his will and forced to hand over the shop keys. The offenders then stole a number of items of jewellery.
Three men were arrested and charged with kidnap and robbery. They were 24 year old Ashley Latimer-Bassill from Crane Mead in Ware, Daniel Stanley, also 24, from Travellers Lane in Hatfield and Jamie Kalaiarasu, 21, from Archer Road, Stevenage.
Kalaiarasu appeared before the Hatfield remand court on March 23 while Latimer-Bassill and Stanley both appeared before the remand court on March 27.
All three were remanded in custody to appear before St Albans Crown Court today (3).
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 6 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers