Three men charged with Harpenden jewellery shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
THREE men have appeared at St Albans Crown Court charged in connection with a kidnap and robbery at a jewellery shop in Harpenden.
Tens of thousands of pounds worth of jewellery was stolen in the robbery, which took place at about 5.30pm on Wednesday March 20 at Loveweds Jewellers on the High Street.
A spokeswoman for Herts police said that a man working at the store was held against his will and forced to hand over the shop keys. The offenders then stole a number of items of jewellery.
Three men were arrested and charged with kidnap and robbery. They were 24 year old Ashley Latimer-Bassill from Crane Mead in Ware, Daniel Stanley, also 24, from Travellers Lane in Hatfield and Jamie Kalaiarasu, 21, from Archer Road, Stevenage.
Kalaiarasu appeared before the Hatfield remand court on March 23 while Latimer-Bassill and Stanley both appeared before the remand court on March 27.
You may also want to watch:
All three were remanded in custody to appear before St Albans Crown Court today (3).
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans