Three men charged and named after police chase through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested and charged after a police chase through St Albans on Monday (15).
A helicopter, police dogs and a car were used in a bid to catch Johnny Doran, 33, from Wolverhampton, Patrick Hanrahan, 26, and a 14 year old boy, both from Manchester, who have now been charged with handling stolen goods.
At around 3.50pm on Monday, a member of the public contacted the police to report a group of people acting suspiciously in a silver Audi in Woodland Drive, St Albans.
Police arrived at the scene and signalled for the vehicle to stop, at which point the car allegedly failed to do so.
The car was briefly pursued until it stopped in Colney Heath Lane and the occupants of the vehicle left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A dog unit and police helicopter attended and three people were located in a wooded area nearby and arrested.
The two men and the boy have been charged and are due at remand court today.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The vehicle was recovered by police.