Three men charged and named after police chase through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested and charged after a police chase through St Albans on Monday (15).
A helicopter, police dogs and a car were used in a bid to catch Johnny Doran, 33, from Wolverhampton, Patrick Hanrahan, 26, and a 14 year old boy, both from Manchester, who have now been charged with handling stolen goods.
At around 3.50pm on Monday, a member of the public contacted the police to report a group of people acting suspiciously in a silver Audi in Woodland Drive, St Albans.
Police arrived at the scene and signalled for the vehicle to stop, at which point the car allegedly failed to do so.
The car was briefly pursued until it stopped in Colney Heath Lane and the occupants of the vehicle left the scene.
A dog unit and police helicopter attended and three people were located in a wooded area nearby and arrested.
The two men and the boy have been charged and are due at remand court today.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
- 10 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
The vehicle was recovered by police.