Three men charged and named after police chase through St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested and charged after a police chase through St Albans on Monday (15).
A helicopter, police dogs and a car were used in a bid to catch Johnny Doran, 33, from Wolverhampton, Patrick Hanrahan, 26, and a 14 year old boy, both from Manchester, who have now been charged with handling stolen goods.
At around 3.50pm on Monday, a member of the public contacted the police to report a group of people acting suspiciously in a silver Audi in Woodland Drive, St Albans.
Police arrived at the scene and signalled for the vehicle to stop, at which point the car allegedly failed to do so.
The car was briefly pursued until it stopped in Colney Heath Lane and the occupants of the vehicle left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A dog unit and police helicopter attended and three people were located in a wooded area nearby and arrested.
The two men and the boy have been charged and are due at remand court today.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The vehicle was recovered by police.