Three men attacked after nightclub row
THREE men were seriously assaulted at the weekend in an attack which is believed to be linked to an argument in a local nightclub earlier that night. The incident happened at around 3am on Saturday morning near to the Total petrol garage in Beech Road, St
THREE men were seriously assaulted at the weekend in an attack which is believed to be linked to an argument in a local nightclub earlier that night.
The incident happened at around 3am on Saturday morning near to the Total petrol garage in Beech Road, St Albans.
One of the men, a 22-year-old from St Albans, was struck with an iron bar which caused serious injury to his arm and the two other victims, aged 20 and 22 from Sandridge, sustained bruising.
They were all taken to Hemel Hempstead Hospital where they were treated for their injuries.
The assault is thought to be linked to a minor argument between one of the victims and a suspect in Batchwood Hall nightclub earlier in the night.
It is believed the suspect involved and two other men, all of whom were white, followed the three victims in their taxi.
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 6 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 7 Refunds still due for cancelled Herts Fest event
- 8 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 13-year-old missing from Hemel Hempstead
- 10 St Albans Scout leaders heading to Korean Jamboree
The first suspect is approximately 6ft 1in to 6ft 3in tall, with a medium to large build and aged in his mid-twenties. He is thought to have short and spiked black hair and was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans.
The second suspect was about 5ft 9in tall and also aged in his mid-twenties with a small to medium build and short black hair.
The third suspect was about 5ft 8in in height, slimly built with dark hair and in his mid to late twenties.
Pc Rebecca Primrose from the Local Crime Unit based at St Albans and who is investigating said: "This incident has been extremely upsetting for the victims and I am appealing for the public's help in tracing the people responsible. I am keen to trace anyone who was in the club and may have seen the altercation, saw the assault take place near the petrol garage or knows anything about it, to please come forward. Your calls could really make a difference to our investigation."
Anyone with information should call Pc Primrose on 0845 33 00 222 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.