Three men arrested for suspected money laundering in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized more than £47,000 from a suspected money laundering operation in London Colney.
Three men were arrested from Alexander Road and the High Street on Friday, May 1.
The 22-year-old, 30-year-old and 36-year-old have all now been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
Herts police officers, and the Operational Support Group (OSG), seized three Rolex watches, £27,000 in cash and £20,000 of expensive clothing.
St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Insp Jon Roche said: “As well as officers from the St Albans Community Safety Partnership, we also have the support of officers from specialist departments like OSG who support us in targeting criminals, including drug dealers and burglars.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of their work is covert but they work alongside local intervention and safer neighbourhood officers. I’d like to reassure residents that we are proactively targeting criminals.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested