Three men arrested for suspected money laundering in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized more than £47,000 from a suspected money laundering operation in London Colney.
Three men were arrested from Alexander Road and the High Street on Friday, May 1.
The 22-year-old, 30-year-old and 36-year-old have all now been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
Herts police officers, and the Operational Support Group (OSG), seized three Rolex watches, £27,000 in cash and £20,000 of expensive clothing.
St Albans Safer Neighbourhood Insp Jon Roche said: “As well as officers from the St Albans Community Safety Partnership, we also have the support of officers from specialist departments like OSG who support us in targeting criminals, including drug dealers and burglars.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of their work is covert but they work alongside local intervention and safer neighbourhood officers. I’d like to reassure residents that we are proactively targeting criminals.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre