Three charged with cable theft in London Colney
THREE men have been charged with theft of electrical cabling following an incident in London Colney this week.
The incident took place at Colney Fields Shopping Park, between 4.30pm and 5pm, on Tuesday (October 25).
Three men were disturbed by Highways traffic officers as cable was reportedly being placed into a van.
Toma Mladenov, 45 from Vartry Road, London; 18-year-old Toma Ivanov, of an unknown address and Ivan Mladenov, 49, also of an unknown address, were all charged with theft.
They have been bailed to attend Central Herts Magistrates Court on November 7.
You may also want to watch:
Police have been working alongside their partners to launch a new initiative this month, aiming to tackle metal theft under Operation Devon. The campaign looks to work with local scrap dealers and target those looking to profit from stolen metal.
If you have any information on metal theft, or see anything which raises your suspicions, contact Herts Police via the non-emergency number 101. In an emergency always dial 999.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues