Three arrests following criminal damage in St Albans
THREE teenagers have been arrested following reports of criminal damage in St Albans.
Police were called to York Road at around 10.20pm on Sunday, April 1, to reports a group were allegedly kicking doors to houses on the street.
Officers attended, searched the area and a short time later three teenagers were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
A 15-year-old boy and two 16-year-old boys from St Albans are currently on police bail while further inquiries are made.
Sergeant Karen Lewis, from the Neighbourhood Team in St Albans, said: “We are aware people have been concerned about criminal damage in this area and have had increased patrols which have played a key part in the recent arrests.
You may also want to watch:
“We will not tolerate this behaviour and I would like to reassure the community that high visibility foot and bike patrols, as well as plain clothed patrols, will continue. Offenders will be dealt with accordingly which could result in a criminal record. We will also inform schools and any employers of such behaviour.”
If a crime is in progress call 999. If you have information you want to pass on to police you can contact them via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street