Three people arrested after woman in her 80s falls victim to purse dipping
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested in connection with theft in St Albans.
On October 16, a woman in her 80s had her purse stolen from her handbag near the Card Factory checkouts.
A 21-year-old woman, a 25-year-old woman and a 36-year-old man have been arrested on suspicion of theft.
The three from Edmonton in London have been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Insp Jon Roche said: “We are working hard to target thieves who travel into our city and prey on vulnerable shoppers. Officers are carrying out covert and overt patrols to identify suspects and make arrests.
You may also want to watch:
“There is some simple crime prevention advice that you can follow to help reduce the chances of becoming a victim. Please keep your bag on you at all times, keep it securely closed and where possible use a bag that can be zipped shut. Be aware of people distracting you or brushing past you and report any suspicious activity to police.”
Anyone with information about a crime should contact 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. If a crime is in progress call 999.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church