Thousands watch Redbourn Fun Run in support of Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn schools
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 2,000 people came to Redbourn leisure centre for the third annual Redbourn Fun Run on Sunday, May 21.
They watched the largest number of runners take part so far, 802 in total, run either 1km, 3km, or 5km.
Redbourn leisure centre manager Anona Lundgren said: “We’re delighted to have hosted this fantastic community event for the third year running.
“There were more runners participating than ever before, and a huge amount was raised for two wonderful charities. A big thank you to everyone who helped make this year’s Redbourn Fun Run the best one so far!”
Over £10,000 was raised for Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn Infant and Junior Schools from the run.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the run, there were various stalls and activities, including an obstacle course.
For more information on the run, visit redbournfunrun.co.uk
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans