Thousands watch Redbourn Fun Run in support of Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn schools
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 2,000 people came to Redbourn leisure centre for the third annual Redbourn Fun Run on Sunday, May 21.
They watched the largest number of runners take part so far, 802 in total, run either 1km, 3km, or 5km.
Redbourn leisure centre manager Anona Lundgren said: “We’re delighted to have hosted this fantastic community event for the third year running.
“There were more runners participating than ever before, and a huge amount was raised for two wonderful charities. A big thank you to everyone who helped make this year’s Redbourn Fun Run the best one so far!”
Over £10,000 was raised for Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn Infant and Junior Schools from the run.
In addition to the run, there were various stalls and activities, including an obstacle course.
For more information on the run, visit redbournfunrun.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt