Thousands watch Redbourn Fun Run in support of Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn schools
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 2,000 people came to Redbourn leisure centre for the third annual Redbourn Fun Run on Sunday, May 21.
They watched the largest number of runners take part so far, 802 in total, run either 1km, 3km, or 5km.
Redbourn leisure centre manager Anona Lundgren said: “We’re delighted to have hosted this fantastic community event for the third year running.
“There were more runners participating than ever before, and a huge amount was raised for two wonderful charities. A big thank you to everyone who helped make this year’s Redbourn Fun Run the best one so far!”
Over £10,000 was raised for Herts Air Ambulance and Redbourn Infant and Junior Schools from the run.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the run, there were various stalls and activities, including an obstacle course.
For more information on the run, visit redbournfunrun.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans