Thousands of St Albans residents hit by power failure
THOUSANDS of homes and many businesses across St Albans lost power early this afternoon (Friday) after two separate faults on the local electricity network. Power was cut in the north side of St Albans and surrounding areas, including Childwickbury and Sa
THOUSANDS of homes and many businesses across St Albans lost power early this afternoon (Friday) after two separate faults on the local electricity network.
Power was cut in the north side of St Albans and surrounding areas, including Childwickbury and Sandridge, at around midday.
Engineers restored electricity in stages from around 12.30pm onwards but nearly 240 customers were still without electricity at 5pm this afternoon.
Traffic lights across the area were also down and police received reports of problems at the Ancient Briton junction of Batchwood Drive, Harpenden Road and Beech Road, which Herts Highways dealt with.
In a separate incident, many more people lost power at 1.30pm due to a fault in the Hatfield area but the service was reinstated within 15 minutes.
Have you been affected by the power cuts today? If you have experienced any major problems then get in touch.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire