Thousands of St Albans residents hit by power failure
THOUSANDS of homes and many businesses across St Albans lost power early this afternoon (Friday) after two separate faults on the local electricity network. Power was cut in the north side of St Albans and surrounding areas, including Childwickbury and Sa
THOUSANDS of homes and many businesses across St Albans lost power early this afternoon (Friday) after two separate faults on the local electricity network.
Power was cut in the north side of St Albans and surrounding areas, including Childwickbury and Sandridge, at around midday.
Engineers restored electricity in stages from around 12.30pm onwards but nearly 240 customers were still without electricity at 5pm this afternoon.
Traffic lights across the area were also down and police received reports of problems at the Ancient Briton junction of Batchwood Drive, Harpenden Road and Beech Road, which Herts Highways dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, many more people lost power at 1.30pm due to a fault in the Hatfield area but the service was reinstated within 15 minutes.
Have you been affected by the power cuts today? If you have experienced any major problems then get in touch.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development