This Morning’s Holly Willoughby wears blouse designed by St Albans designer
- Credit: Archant
Daytime TV star Holly Willoughby caught viewers’ eyes on ITV’s This Morning wearing a shirt created by a local St Albans designer.
Emma Prigmore, the designer and founder of Lucypeachslice, was delighted to see Holly in her Star Print blouse.
The blouse features full-length sleeves and a separate tie that can be fastened to clinch the waist or fastened at the neck in a pussy bow style.
The printed star design is a recurring theme the brand uses.
Emma said: “For a small business owner it was one of the most surreal days.”
You may also want to watch:
The blouse, which costs £65, sold out the same day. Subsequently, they have since sold out of re-stock.
Emma added: “I started with 347 followers on Instagram, and by the end of the day I reached 900 followers.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Speaking of the brand’s new found fame, Emma said: “Seeing my blouse worn by Holly on TV and then to see all the positive comments and feedback was amazing.”
“It served as incredible publicity.”
Emma began sewing garments for her three children, and then began receiving orders from local friends and parents. By 2013, Lucypeachslice was created.
“What started as a casual discussion with a friend over lunch one day, ended up as a business.”
The Junior Design Awards honoured Lucypeachslice with Best Emerging Fashion Brand 2014 for its AW14 capsule collection.
Emma added: “I have no experience in fashion or business other than a keen interest. This whole process has been a very steep learning curve.”