Thieves target village cars
AERIALS were stolen from 14 cars parked in a village street at the weekend. Police are now appealing for help in catching those responsible for the thefts which occurred between 9pm on Saturday and 4am on Sunday in Church End, Redbourn. Among the vehicles
AERIALS were stolen from 14 cars parked in a village street at the weekend.
Police are now appealing for help in catching those responsible for the thefts which occurred between 9pm on Saturday and 4am on Sunday in Church End, Redbourn.
Among the vehicles affected were a blue Ford Fiesta, a silver Vauxhall Astra and a silver Toyota Celica.
Sergeant Lewis Ducket of the local neighbourhood team said: "This has caused much inconvenience to many people in Redbourn and I would appeal to anyone with information to please come forward. I would also ask if anyone else has been affected by this crime to report it to police as well."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We are working hard to find those responsible for these crimes. We will also be conducting extra high-visibility patrols in the area to act as a deterrent to prevent further crimes of this nature being committed."
Anyone with information should contact Pc Christine Clayton on 01727 796143 or on 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book