Thieves target Sandridge church
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials. The incident at St Leonard s Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday. The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials.
The incident at St Leonard's Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday.
The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two sheets of lead.
But all of the lead at the church is marked with a crime prevention solution called SmartWater, which means it can be traced when a UV light is shone on it.
You may also want to watch:
In October, the Herts Advertiser reported on a theft from St Michael's Church in St Albans which forced it to close for around two weeks.
This resulted in around �50,000 worth of damage and a number of funerals and two harvest festivals at the church had to be cancelled.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Police are not currently linking to two thefts. Anyone with information about either incident should contact the non-emergency number on 0845 3300 222.