Thieves target Sandridge church
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials. The incident at St Leonard s Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday. The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials.
The incident at St Leonard's Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday.
The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two sheets of lead.
But all of the lead at the church is marked with a crime prevention solution called SmartWater, which means it can be traced when a UV light is shone on it.
In October, the Herts Advertiser reported on a theft from St Michael's Church in St Albans which forced it to close for around two weeks.
This resulted in around �50,000 worth of damage and a number of funerals and two harvest festivals at the church had to be cancelled.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 7 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 8 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 9 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Police are not currently linking to two thefts. Anyone with information about either incident should contact the non-emergency number on 0845 3300 222.