Thieves target Sandridge church
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials. The incident at St Leonard s Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday. The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two
Thieves have targeted another church for building materials.
The incident at St Leonard's Church, happened at some point between 6pm on Sunday, October 11, and the following Tuesday.
The culprits used a wheelie bin to access the roof and made off with two sheets of lead.
But all of the lead at the church is marked with a crime prevention solution called SmartWater, which means it can be traced when a UV light is shone on it.
You may also want to watch:
In October, the Herts Advertiser reported on a theft from St Michael's Church in St Albans which forced it to close for around two weeks.
This resulted in around �50,000 worth of damage and a number of funerals and two harvest festivals at the church had to be cancelled.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Police are not currently linking to two thefts. Anyone with information about either incident should contact the non-emergency number on 0845 3300 222.