Thieves target renovated Park Street house
A PARK Street house which is in the middle of being renovated was burgled earlier this week.
The thieves targeted the house on Park Street Lane between 4.50am and 5am on Monday August 15, stealing various power tools.
Two men forced their way through the front door before stealing the tools and loading them into their white pick-up truck.
The men drove off but returned to the house to steal electrical cabling before driving off in the direction of Bricket Wood.
They are described as white, aged about 30 to 35, of stocky build, about 5ft 7ins tall and bald.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jonathan Leak said he urged anyone with information to contact the police. He added: “I would also like to remind people, including building companies, if they are working on renovations or other work on houses to take extra security precautions against opportunistic burglars.
“Ensure the house is fully locked and secure when it is left at the end of a working day and that any high-value items like power tools or copper cabling is locked away safely from criminals.”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Anyone with information is urged to contact the police on the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.