Thieves steal thousands of pounds worth of jewellery from St Albans jewellers
- Credit: Archant
Thieves took gold jewellery from Jago Jewellers in St Albans before fleeing from police.
Police were called at 11.53am yesterday when an alarm went off at Jago Jewellers in Market Place.
Two men came into the store and took thousands of pounds worth of gold jewellery, before making off through Marks and Spencer towards Russell Avenue.
They got into a car, believed to be a green Jaguar, and fled the scene.
Police searched the area but were not able to trace the thieves.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about the theft, should call Herts police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/1700/19.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works