Thieves smash window of St Albans home before fleeing
- Credit: Archant
Burglars who smashed a kitchen window to gain access to a property escaped after the owner disturbed them.
The three thieves attempted to burgle a home in Doggetts Way, St Albans, between 1.30pm and 1.40pm on Wednesday (27).
The owner was upstairs at the time when they heard the sound of glass smashing and went downstairs.
Once disturbed, the burglars ran away. One of them is described as a white man of stocky build, between 20 and 25 years old, about 6ft tall and was wearing a grey hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Det Cons Paul Cullinan, who is investigating, said: “This offence happened during the middle of the day on a busy residential street.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who saw three people acting suspiciously or running away from the area around the times stated.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
If you have any information contact police on the non-emergency number 101.