Thieves smash window of St Albans home before fleeing
- Credit: Archant
Burglars who smashed a kitchen window to gain access to a property escaped after the owner disturbed them.
The three thieves attempted to burgle a home in Doggetts Way, St Albans, between 1.30pm and 1.40pm on Wednesday (27).
The owner was upstairs at the time when they heard the sound of glass smashing and went downstairs.
Once disturbed, the burglars ran away. One of them is described as a white man of stocky build, between 20 and 25 years old, about 6ft tall and was wearing a grey hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information.
Det Cons Paul Cullinan, who is investigating, said: “This offence happened during the middle of the day on a busy residential street.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who saw three people acting suspiciously or running away from the area around the times stated.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
If you have any information contact police on the non-emergency number 101.