Thieves smash window of St Albans home before fleeing
- Credit: Archant
Burglars who smashed a kitchen window to gain access to a property escaped after the owner disturbed them.
The three thieves attempted to burgle a home in Doggetts Way, St Albans, between 1.30pm and 1.40pm on Wednesday (27).
The owner was upstairs at the time when they heard the sound of glass smashing and went downstairs.
Once disturbed, the burglars ran away. One of them is described as a white man of stocky build, between 20 and 25 years old, about 6ft tall and was wearing a grey hooded top.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information.
Det Cons Paul Cullinan, who is investigating, said: “This offence happened during the middle of the day on a busy residential street.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who saw three people acting suspiciously or running away from the area around the times stated.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
If you have any information contact police on the non-emergency number 101.