Theft from vehicles in Harpenden: police appeal
HERTS Police have launched a fresh appeal for witnesses and information following theft from vehicles in Harpenden and St Albans.
They are specifically appealing to a man who saw a theft from a Land Rover at about 4.20pm on Tuesday May 8, in a parking bay at Leyton Road.
PC Emma Collins, investigating, said: “A man who was in the area at the time spoke to the victim about what happened. Inquiries have been ongoing to trace this man as he didn’t leave his details, however we have not been able to trace him.
“I am very keen to trace this man as he may have vital information as part of my investigation. If this was you please call me.”
Three people used cutting equipment to remove the spare tyre from the vehicle, and were then seen driving off in a white Peugeot towards St Albans, where similar incidents took place on the same day in Ermine Close.
You may also want to watch:
PC Collins added: “Although it is a month on I would ask people to cast their mind back to that day and if they were in the area and saw what happened to contact police with information.”
She can be contacted on the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
• A 20 year old man from Hemel Hempstead and a 17 year old boy from Edgware have been arrested in connection with the inquiry and are currently on police bail pending further inquiries.