‘The whole road had people on both sides’: Mourners come together to remember St Albans stabbing victim Emille ‘Millz’ Stapleton
- Credit: Archant
A memorial and minute silence was held for a stabbing victim in St Albans yesterday (Sunday).
The death of 20 year old Emille ‘Millz’ Stapleton the week before (Saturday 24) following a suspected stabbing prompted an outpour of grief from the St Albans community.
A memorial service and minute silence was organised by his family at the site of the altercation on London Road yesterday afternoon.
Many are said to have attended the event, including friend Shannon Louise Johnson, who said: “The whole road had people on both sides and it was lovely to see everyone coming together as a community to support our friends family, and each other.
“Everyone wanted to pay their respects to Millz as well, it was just amazing. With all the people that came just goes to show how many hearts Millz touched and he will be missed terribly.”
You may also want to watch:
A short service was then conducted by the sub dean, Rev’d Richard Watson, of St Albans Abbey.
A statement was later posted on the Facebook page ‘Rip Millz Stapleton’: “Thank you to everybody who took time out of their day to come & pay respects to Emille.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
“There was a huge turn out & the whole family is very grateful.”
A JustGiving page has been set up by a family friend to pay for funeral costs.
Subsequently more than £6,000 has been raised. The person who set up the page, and who wishes to remain anonymous, said: “I am lost for words right now.
“Thank you so so so so much, words cant express how thankful we all are.
“Thank you once again. It just shows there are some good people out there and once again thank you for the donations, the family have said they are over the moon and they can now give their son the service he deserves.”