The spice is right for Harpenden restaurant charity night
A SPICE Night hosted by a fundraising group at a restaurant in Harpenden has raised �654 for Cancer Research.
The St Albans and Harpenden Local Committee for Cancer Research organised the evening with Cinnamon Restaurant, purchasing tickets at cost price and selling them on to raise cash for the charity.
They sold over 70 tickets for the evening and raised over a third of the total from a raffle during the event. Spice Night was branded a success by chairman of the group, Bob Ferguson.
He said: “It was a great night with lots of great food and excellent service throughout.”
Cinammon’s owner said he’d been delighted to be involved in the charity event and donate money through it.
You may also want to watch:
The committee’s next fundraising event, a Chinese-themed evening, will be held on February 8 and tickets can be purchased by calling 01582 765210.
They also intend to hold the popular Summer Ball event again next year at the Public Halls.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden