The spice is right for Harpenden restaurant charity night
A SPICE Night hosted by a fundraising group at a restaurant in Harpenden has raised �654 for Cancer Research.
The St Albans and Harpenden Local Committee for Cancer Research organised the evening with Cinnamon Restaurant, purchasing tickets at cost price and selling them on to raise cash for the charity.
They sold over 70 tickets for the evening and raised over a third of the total from a raffle during the event. Spice Night was branded a success by chairman of the group, Bob Ferguson.
He said: “It was a great night with lots of great food and excellent service throughout.”
Cinammon’s owner said he’d been delighted to be involved in the charity event and donate money through it.
You may also want to watch:
The committee’s next fundraising event, a Chinese-themed evening, will be held on February 8 and tickets can be purchased by calling 01582 765210.
They also intend to hold the popular Summer Ball event again next year at the Public Halls.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll