The singing mums are caught on camera in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
PASSERS-BY stopped, stared and cheered in St Albans city centre last week as two local mums were being filmed yet again, for what is understood to be a major television show.
Sopranos Sally Williams, who reports for ITV London, and Laurenne Chapman, a Cambridge choral scholar, were being filmed singing outside Marks and Spencer in St Peter’s Street on Friday.
Since launching their singing service earlier this year the duo, named Phelia, derived from combining their daughter’s names Phoebe and Amelia, have attracted both publicity and plaudits.
Laurenne and Sally, who have their babies alongside them as they sing, were recently filmed in St Albans Abbey for a YouTube video.
This time though, they were keeping mum about the show they are to appear on later this year because of contractual obligations.
You may also want to watch:
A curious crowd, however, showed their appreciation of Phelia, with Gudrun Reich of St Albans humming along and saying, “it’s lovely singing – and it makes me want to sing”.
One man called out “encore” while another wit nearby responded with, “never mind the encore, just sing it again”.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Sally and Laurenne have previously said it has long been their “dream” to sing on stage. They have been performing at various events including weddings.
The mums met by chance at NCT antenatal classes where they discovered a shared love of singing.