The singing mums are caught on camera in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
PASSERS-BY stopped, stared and cheered in St Albans city centre last week as two local mums were being filmed yet again, for what is understood to be a major television show.
Sopranos Sally Williams, who reports for ITV London, and Laurenne Chapman, a Cambridge choral scholar, were being filmed singing outside Marks and Spencer in St Peter’s Street on Friday.
Since launching their singing service earlier this year the duo, named Phelia, derived from combining their daughter’s names Phoebe and Amelia, have attracted both publicity and plaudits.
Laurenne and Sally, who have their babies alongside them as they sing, were recently filmed in St Albans Abbey for a YouTube video.
This time though, they were keeping mum about the show they are to appear on later this year because of contractual obligations.
You may also want to watch:
A curious crowd, however, showed their appreciation of Phelia, with Gudrun Reich of St Albans humming along and saying, “it’s lovely singing – and it makes me want to sing”.
One man called out “encore” while another wit nearby responded with, “never mind the encore, just sing it again”.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Sally and Laurenne have previously said it has long been their “dream” to sing on stage. They have been performing at various events including weddings.
The mums met by chance at NCT antenatal classes where they discovered a shared love of singing.