St Albans ukelele and brass bands unite for charity
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans ukelele band teamed up with a brass band in a joint concert to raise money for a disability charity.
Ukelele band The Pluckwits and St Albans City Brass Band performed in the 'Brass and Ukes' concert at Marshalswick Baptist Free Church on Saturday, June 8.
The music performed included songs by Beyoncé, Elvis and a medley from West Side Story, with instruments ranging from tubas to boomwhackers (colourful plastic tubes which can be used for percussion).
Vicky Arlidge, founder of The Pluckwits, said: "It was fantastic bringing together these two musical genres that are not normally combined! Our joint numbers went down really well with the audience, with plenty of singing and swaying along!
"Hopefully it will be the start of an ongoing and totally unique collaboration."
You may also want to watch:
The concert raised more than £540 for the Digswell Place Group Riding for Disabled Association.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans