The latest court results from the St Albans area
- Credit: Archant
Court results published in the Herts Advertiser are taken from St Albans and Hatfield Magistrates’ Courts and published without prejudice.
Sharon Francis: 48, of Anson Close, St Albans, was committed to prison for eight weeks suspended for 12 months, and ordered to pay £165 for claiming Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit from St Albans council when she was living with her husband, at St Albans on July 2013, also between October 1 2012 and November 23 2014, and claiming income support after notifying the Department for Work and Pensions of her change of circumstances, between October 1 2012 and September 11 2014.
Gavin Morley-Sutcliffe: 38, of Nell Gwynn Close, Shenley, was committed to prison for 16 weeks and fined £265 after giving a breath specimen of 57mcg of alcohol per 100ml of breath, in Nell Gywnn Close, Shenley, and driving without insurance and while disqualified, on June 4 at Shenley and Radlett, as well as obstructing a constable in the execution of his duty on the same date.
Jamel Benchrife: 28, of Abbots Park, St Albans, was fined £220 plus £5 compensation and £147 costs after failing to hand over a ticket for inspection en route near St Albans station on February 22.
Michael Kavanagh: 18, of Francis Avenue, St Albans, was banned from driving for 26 months and ordered to pay £100 costs after giving a breath specimen of 105mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath and driving without insurance, at the exit drive to Batchwood, St Albans, on March 27.
Michelle Taylor: 45, of Shotfield Close, Sandridge, was ordered to have treatment for alcohol dependency for six months and pay £145 costs for stealing beer worth £15 from Sainsbury’s at St Albans, and stealing groceries and toiletries worth £306.34 at Tesco Borehamwood on August 18.
Michael Magill: 48, of Centaurus Square, Frogmore, was made subject to a restraining order lasting until December 13, and fined £665 plus £100 compensation and £687 costs after assaulting a woman by beating at St Albans on January 28.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans