The building blocks of education
IT wasn t all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week. For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons. The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the chi
IT wasn't all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week.
For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons.
The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the children first built an attractive house each and then developed their models into a complete village.
Jane Whitehurst, head teacher at the school, said: "The children had a great time but it also helped them to understand mathematical concepts. The emphasis was firmly on problem-solving."
You may also want to watch:
World of Maths also held workshops during the week focusing on beetle drives, art patterns, Sudoku and pictures designed to get the message across again through fun and games.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site