The building blocks of education
IT wasn t all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week. For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons. The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the chi
IT wasn't all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week.
For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons.
The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the children first built an attractive house each and then developed their models into a complete village.
Jane Whitehurst, head teacher at the school, said: "The children had a great time but it also helped them to understand mathematical concepts. The emphasis was firmly on problem-solving."
World of Maths also held workshops during the week focusing on beetle drives, art patterns, Sudoku and pictures designed to get the message across again through fun and games.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary