The building blocks of education
IT wasn t all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week. For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons. The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the chi
IT wasn't all work and no play for pupils at Crabtree Infants School in Harpenden when they held a maths and ICT week.
For they used Lego building blocks as part of the lessons.
The Lego was used by Young Town Planners Ltd to run a workshop where the children first built an attractive house each and then developed their models into a complete village.
Jane Whitehurst, head teacher at the school, said: "The children had a great time but it also helped them to understand mathematical concepts. The emphasis was firmly on problem-solving."
You may also want to watch:
World of Maths also held workshops during the week focusing on beetle drives, art patterns, Sudoku and pictures designed to get the message across again through fun and games.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works