The Big Breastfeeding Café is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A breastfeeding café is being held in St Albans tomorrow, as part of a national campaign to support new mums.
The café will be open at The Verulam Clinic on Victoria Street between 10.30-11.30am on Tuesday, May 16.
Organiser Medela UK’s in-house lactation consultant, Sioned Hilton said: “Breastfeeding has been proven again and again to be the best way to feed baby.
“However, although a part of human nature, it is not always as easy as first thought and can be challenging.
“Chatting with other breastfeeding mums specifically, is a brilliant way to get advice and learn some new tips from those who have experienced breastfeeding.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, over 40 cafés were held all over the country, with over 500 mums taking part.
The campaign was originally inspired by a survey, which said 76 per cent of woman found breastfeeding support groups to be helpful.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/thematernitycircle
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team