The Big Breastfeeding Café is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A breastfeeding café is being held in St Albans tomorrow, as part of a national campaign to support new mums.
The café will be open at The Verulam Clinic on Victoria Street between 10.30-11.30am on Tuesday, May 16.
Organiser Medela UK’s in-house lactation consultant, Sioned Hilton said: “Breastfeeding has been proven again and again to be the best way to feed baby.
“However, although a part of human nature, it is not always as easy as first thought and can be challenging.
“Chatting with other breastfeeding mums specifically, is a brilliant way to get advice and learn some new tips from those who have experienced breastfeeding.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, over 40 cafés were held all over the country, with over 500 mums taking part.
The campaign was originally inspired by a survey, which said 76 per cent of woman found breastfeeding support groups to be helpful.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/thematernitycircle
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style