The Big Breastfeeding Café is coming to St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A breastfeeding café is being held in St Albans tomorrow, as part of a national campaign to support new mums.
The café will be open at The Verulam Clinic on Victoria Street between 10.30-11.30am on Tuesday, May 16.
Organiser Medela UK’s in-house lactation consultant, Sioned Hilton said: “Breastfeeding has been proven again and again to be the best way to feed baby.
“However, although a part of human nature, it is not always as easy as first thought and can be challenging.
“Chatting with other breastfeeding mums specifically, is a brilliant way to get advice and learn some new tips from those who have experienced breastfeeding.”
Last year, over 40 cafés were held all over the country, with over 500 mums taking part.
The campaign was originally inspired by a survey, which said 76 per cent of woman found breastfeeding support groups to be helpful.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/thematernitycircle
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment