8 of the best burger joints in St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A toasted bun stuffed with a juicy patty laden with melting cheese and dripping with sauce, served with hot, salty fries - anytime is a good time for a burger. Here’s where to find the very best in St Albans.
The Meating Room
Burgers with themed names around St Albans locations – including the ‘Flaming Fleetville’, ‘Verulamium’ and ‘Holywell’.
Craft and Cleaver
A pub which alongside burgers serves smoked ribs, brisket and other American BBQ staples.
A pub in the centre of St Albans serving a wide variety of food and drink, and open from morning until night.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 8 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Call for Government to review district housing targets
An atmospheric pub with a fireplace on the outskirts of the city centre, serving homemade burgers alongside cocktails and wine.
The King Harry
Built in 1480 but restored after burning down towards the end of the 19th century, The Peahen is a dog-friendly pub with a beer garden and hand-crafted cocktails.
The Portland Arms
A menu with an emphasis on locally-sourced ingredients, in a traditional Georgian pub with weekly quiz nights.