8 of the best burger joints in St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A toasted bun stuffed with a juicy patty laden with melting cheese and dripping with sauce, served with hot, salty fries - anytime is a good time for a burger. Here’s where to find the very best in St Albans.
The Meating Room
Burgers with themed names around St Albans locations – including the ‘Flaming Fleetville’, ‘Verulamium’ and ‘Holywell’.
Craft and Cleaver
A pub which alongside burgers serves smoked ribs, brisket and other American BBQ staples.
You may also want to watch:
A pub in the centre of St Albans serving a wide variety of food and drink, and open from morning until night.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
An atmospheric pub with a fireplace on the outskirts of the city centre, serving homemade burgers alongside cocktails and wine.
The King Harry
Built in 1480 but restored after burning down towards the end of the 19th century, The Peahen is a dog-friendly pub with a beer garden and hand-crafted cocktails.
The Portland Arms
A menu with an emphasis on locally-sourced ingredients, in a traditional Georgian pub with weekly quiz nights.