8 of the finest brunch spots in St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One of the best meals of the week, a leisurely brunch can’t be beat – however you like your eggs. Here are the best cafes and restaurants in St Albans and serving up full English breakfasts, pastries and all the brunch options in between.
The Waffle House
Located near Verulamium Park, The Waffle House serves both sweet and savoury waffles in a working watermill café.
George Street Canteen
With a view of St Albans Cathedral, the family-run café provides both indoor and outdoor seating, serving brunch, sandwiches and sweet treats.
You may also want to watch:
The Breakfast Club
An American-style brunch menu in a simple café with exposed brick and wooden tables.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The Pudding Stop
Starting as a pudding van at St Albans station, The Pudding Stop is a bakery and café serving puddings and pastries from morning until evening.
Serves classic brunch food including avocado toast, waffles and bacon buns, along with all-day fare.
A restaurant serving breakfast/brunch, afternoon tea and dinner, in an eclectic-style venue.
Prime Steak & Grill
A steakhouse serving a set-price bottomless brunch on Saturdays, featuring classic breakfast food, steak with eggs and bottomless prosecco, aperol spritz and St Germain spritz.
Waddington Road Coffee & Kitchen
A café which serves brunch classics and American-style breakfasts, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.