8 of the finest brunch spots in St Albans
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
One of the best meals of the week, a leisurely brunch can’t be beat – however you like your eggs. Here are the best cafes and restaurants in St Albans and serving up full English breakfasts, pastries and all the brunch options in between.
The Waffle House
Located near Verulamium Park, The Waffle House serves both sweet and savoury waffles in a working watermill café.
George Street Canteen
With a view of St Albans Cathedral, the family-run café provides both indoor and outdoor seating, serving brunch, sandwiches and sweet treats.
You may also want to watch:
The Breakfast Club
An American-style brunch menu in a simple café with exposed brick and wooden tables.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 7 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
The Pudding Stop
Starting as a pudding van at St Albans station, The Pudding Stop is a bakery and café serving puddings and pastries from morning until evening.
Serves classic brunch food including avocado toast, waffles and bacon buns, along with all-day fare.
A restaurant serving breakfast/brunch, afternoon tea and dinner, in an eclectic-style venue.
Prime Steak & Grill
A steakhouse serving a set-price bottomless brunch on Saturdays, featuring classic breakfast food, steak with eggs and bottomless prosecco, aperol spritz and St Germain spritz.
Waddington Road Coffee & Kitchen
A café which serves brunch classics and American-style breakfasts, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.