The ‘Beatles’ come to St Albans
St Albans filmed as the city features in new Hyundai car ad
BABY you can drive my car, yes St Albans is gonna be a star ...
The ‘Beatles’ hit all the right notes in the cathedral city today as they helped launch a new Hyundai, to the delight of curious passersby and a Korean contingent, visiting St Albans especially to see an advertisement of the i40 being filmed outside the town hall.
Location manager Rob Ellingham, of St Albans, told the Herts Ad that a 40-strong crew was in the city for the one-day-shoot, along with an additional 20 visitors from Korea.
He said production company Blue Tuna, based in Finchley, was filming here because St Albans is close to London and a, “fantastic location.” The city is providing a European element to the ad which will be shown in Korea and elsewhere. The Beatles were on site to add a creative component to the advert.
You may also want to watch:
Rob paid tribute to St Albans district council for being so helpful to the production team and crew.
The i40 is being officially released next month.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly