New restaurant launches in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new city centre restaurant invited local business people, bloggers and suppliers to its official launch party.
More than 100 people attended the launch of The Abbey in George Street to sample its locally sourced food, created by executive chef Cat Ashton, who is the first female executive chef in Hertfordshire.
Ben Cain, one of the owners of The Abbey, said: “The response tonight has been amazing. The restaurant was packed all evening and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have had so many lovely things to say about it.
“They love the way we’ve decorated the building - especially the feature window and flower wall- and they really love the food!”
A raffle at the launch event raised more than £200 for Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, which will pay for eight hours’ nursing time.
The Abbey is now open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area