New restaurant launches in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new city centre restaurant invited local business people, bloggers and suppliers to its official launch party.
More than 100 people attended the launch of The Abbey in George Street to sample its locally sourced food, created by executive chef Cat Ashton, who is the first female executive chef in Hertfordshire.
Ben Cain, one of the owners of The Abbey, said: “The response tonight has been amazing. The restaurant was packed all evening and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have had so many lovely things to say about it.
“They love the way we’ve decorated the building - especially the feature window and flower wall- and they really love the food!”
A raffle at the launch event raised more than £200 for Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, which will pay for eight hours’ nursing time.
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey is now open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app