New restaurant launches in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new city centre restaurant invited local business people, bloggers and suppliers to its official launch party.
More than 100 people attended the launch of The Abbey in George Street to sample its locally sourced food, created by executive chef Cat Ashton, who is the first female executive chef in Hertfordshire.
Ben Cain, one of the owners of The Abbey, said: “The response tonight has been amazing. The restaurant was packed all evening and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have had so many lovely things to say about it.
“They love the way we’ve decorated the building - especially the feature window and flower wall- and they really love the food!”
A raffle at the launch event raised more than £200 for Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, which will pay for eight hours’ nursing time.
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey is now open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall