New restaurant launches in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A new city centre restaurant invited local business people, bloggers and suppliers to its official launch party.
More than 100 people attended the launch of The Abbey in George Street to sample its locally sourced food, created by executive chef Cat Ashton, who is the first female executive chef in Hertfordshire.
Ben Cain, one of the owners of The Abbey, said: “The response tonight has been amazing. The restaurant was packed all evening and I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have had so many lovely things to say about it.
“They love the way we’ve decorated the building - especially the feature window and flower wall- and they really love the food!”
A raffle at the launch event raised more than £200 for Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City, which will pay for eight hours’ nursing time.
You may also want to watch:
The Abbey is now open seven days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 10 Clean sheet for Centurions in Colosseum clash