The 3rd Redbourn Fun Run gets off to a flying start
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn junior and infant schools will be supporting Herts Air Ambulance at their annual fun run.
The third run will take place at Redbourn leisure centre on Sunday, May 21.
Event organiser and parent Ruth Upjohn said: “We are working hard to make this year’s run even more fun than last year.
“It’s fabulous to see local families enjoying the benefits of sport together while raising huge amounts of money for charity.”
There will be 1km, 3km, and 5km races open for runners of all ages.
Last year’s event raised £12,500 for charity, with the organisers hopeful they can raise a similar amount for the air ambulance.
Air Ambulance fundraising manager Natasha Roberson said: “With no government funding we rely 100 per cent on the generosity and support of people and businesses of Hertfordshire to remain operational and keep saving lives.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 3 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
“So a huge thank you to everyone who voted for the Herts Air Ambulance as this year’s charity, and to the organisers who are literally helping to save lives.”
Herts air ambulance visited a special assembly on Tuesday, March 7 to help launch the run, and award the winners of the flag and baton design competition, Hollie Burgess and Freddie Stewart.
To enter the run, visit redbournfunrun.co.uk