The 3rd Redbourn Fun Run gets off to a flying start
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn junior and infant schools will be supporting Herts Air Ambulance at their annual fun run.
The third run will take place at Redbourn leisure centre on Sunday, May 21.
Event organiser and parent Ruth Upjohn said: “We are working hard to make this year’s run even more fun than last year.
“It’s fabulous to see local families enjoying the benefits of sport together while raising huge amounts of money for charity.”
There will be 1km, 3km, and 5km races open for runners of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event raised £12,500 for charity, with the organisers hopeful they can raise a similar amount for the air ambulance.
Air Ambulance fundraising manager Natasha Roberson said: “With no government funding we rely 100 per cent on the generosity and support of people and businesses of Hertfordshire to remain operational and keep saving lives.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
“So a huge thank you to everyone who voted for the Herts Air Ambulance as this year’s charity, and to the organisers who are literally helping to save lives.”
Herts air ambulance visited a special assembly on Tuesday, March 7 to help launch the run, and award the winners of the flag and baton design competition, Hollie Burgess and Freddie Stewart.
To enter the run, visit redbournfunrun.co.uk