Thank your lucky stars you live in St Albans
ST Albans is the luckiest place in the whole of the UK according to a gaming company. Virgin Games analysed over 100 million separate wagers, based purely on chance, placed over the past three years in order to create a map of the UK s lucky spots. They m
ST Albans is the luckiest place in the whole of the UK according to a gaming company.
Virgin Games analysed over 100 million separate wagers, based purely on chance, placed over the past three years in order to create a map of the UK's lucky spots.
They matched the success of their database of players against the UK's postcodes and St Albans came out top followed by Sutton, Brighton and Luton.
Said Simon Burridge, CEO of Virgin Games: "Friday the thirteenth falls three times in 2009 so we thought it would be interesting to see whether some regions in the UK are luckier than others.
You may also want to watch:
"We matched the success of our huge database of players against the UK postcodes and were surprised at just how much variation there was between the regions. It's just a bit of fun of course but if I was at all superstitious I'd be heading to St Albans this Friday the thirteenth.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images