Thank your lucky stars you live in St Albans
ST Albans is the luckiest place in the whole of the UK according to a gaming company. Virgin Games analysed over 100 million separate wagers, based purely on chance, placed over the past three years in order to create a map of the UK s lucky spots. They m
ST Albans is the luckiest place in the whole of the UK according to a gaming company.
Virgin Games analysed over 100 million separate wagers, based purely on chance, placed over the past three years in order to create a map of the UK's lucky spots.
They matched the success of their database of players against the UK's postcodes and St Albans came out top followed by Sutton, Brighton and Luton.
Said Simon Burridge, CEO of Virgin Games: "Friday the thirteenth falls three times in 2009 so we thought it would be interesting to see whether some regions in the UK are luckier than others.
You may also want to watch:
"We matched the success of our huge database of players against the UK postcodes and were surprised at just how much variation there was between the regions. It's just a bit of fun of course but if I was at all superstitious I'd be heading to St Albans this Friday the thirteenth.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season