Thameslink disruption for St Albans and Harpenden commuters
- Credit: Archant
Rail users in St Albans and Harpenden faced disruption on Thameslink services this morning thanks to a power failure and a broken down train.
The 7.48am Bedford to Brighton was delayed thanks to a “failure of electricity supply”.
The train was 14 minutes late getting into Harpenden and St Albans.
The 8.29am Brighton to Bedford service was a few minutes late.
A broken down train was blamed for 13-minute delays to the Luton to Rainham service.
You may also want to watch:
The 8.01am Bedford to Gatwick Airport was also seven minutes late passing through Harpenden and St Albans thanks to the broken down train.
The 8.30am Luton to Orpington train was also delayed by about 15 minutes as a result of the broken down train, as was the 8.22am service from Bedford to Brighton with 10-minute delays.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures