Thameslink disruption for St Albans and Harpenden commuters
- Credit: Archant
Rail users in St Albans and Harpenden faced disruption on Thameslink services this morning thanks to a power failure and a broken down train.
The 7.48am Bedford to Brighton was delayed thanks to a “failure of electricity supply”.
The train was 14 minutes late getting into Harpenden and St Albans.
The 8.29am Brighton to Bedford service was a few minutes late.
A broken down train was blamed for 13-minute delays to the Luton to Rainham service.
You may also want to watch:
The 8.01am Bedford to Gatwick Airport was also seven minutes late passing through Harpenden and St Albans thanks to the broken down train.
The 8.30am Luton to Orpington train was also delayed by about 15 minutes as a result of the broken down train, as was the 8.22am service from Bedford to Brighton with 10-minute delays.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden