Thameslink disruption for St Albans and Harpenden commuters
- Credit: Archant
Rail users in St Albans and Harpenden faced disruption on Thameslink services this morning thanks to a power failure and a broken down train.
The 7.48am Bedford to Brighton was delayed thanks to a “failure of electricity supply”.
The train was 14 minutes late getting into Harpenden and St Albans.
The 8.29am Brighton to Bedford service was a few minutes late.
A broken down train was blamed for 13-minute delays to the Luton to Rainham service.
The 8.01am Bedford to Gatwick Airport was also seven minutes late passing through Harpenden and St Albans thanks to the broken down train.
The 8.30am Luton to Orpington train was also delayed by about 15 minutes as a result of the broken down train, as was the 8.22am service from Bedford to Brighton with 10-minute delays.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages