Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- Credit: Govia Thameslink
Rail operator Thameslink is supporting Harpenden's community COVID vaccination campaign by making space available for free at the station's car park for drivers giving lifts to the elderly and vulnerable arriving for their jabs, as well as for volunteers and staff.
Station car parks are mostly empty due to government lockdown advice to stay at home where possible. They are also often well situated in the heart of their communities.
The Harpenden Trust is supporting Harpenden’s three GP practices – Davenport House, the Elms Medical Practice and the Village Surgery – to deliver the vaccination programme at The Harpenden Public Halls, a five minute walk from the train station.
Some 600 local volunteers have already come forward to manage the administrative and marshalling activities.
Thameslink managing director Tom Moran said: “Our teams have been working throughout this pandemic to support our local communities, and keep services clean, safe and operating. I’m delighted that we can now provide practical support to this crucial mass vaccination effort.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Nichols, chairman of Harpenden Trust, said: “By supporting our GPs and the NHS in this critical activity, Thameslink is helping us to get more people vaccinated, more swiftly, to allow the nation to get back to work – and ultimately back on our trains!”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire