Tests to see if head found in Leicestershire is linked to arm found near St Albans
A HUMAN head has been discovered in Leicestershire – just three days after part of an arm was found in Wheathampstead. DNA tests have confirmed that the arm discovered on a grass verge in Drovers Lane on Sunday belonged to the same man whose leg was fou
A HUMAN head has been discovered in Leicestershire - just three days after part of an arm was found in Wheathampstead.
DNA tests have confirmed that the arm discovered on a grass verge in Drovers Lane on Sunday belonged to the same man whose leg was found dumped in Cottered, near Baldock, the previous weekend. Investigations are ongoing to identify him.
Herts police are now working with their colleagues in Leicestershire to establish if the head found in a field in Asfordby yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon is linked to the same victim.
Leicestershire police are currently carrying out forensic tess on the head but this may take some days to complete. They are also investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Superintendent Julia McKechnie, who is leading the investigation in Leicestershire, said: "It is too early to confirm whether it is linked to any crime or investigation being undertaken by colleagues in other forces but we are naturally liaising with other forces as you would expect in an inquiry of this nature."
Anyone with any information about the discoveries made locally is asked to contact Herts police on 01707 354432, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school