Rough sleeper sets up tent outside St Albans district council offices
- Credit: Archant
A man is sleeping rough outside St Albans district council offices after erecting a tent next to the entrance.
The camp is outside the Civic Centre, next to the Alban Arena, and just down the road from night shelter Open Door.
Although our reporter approached him for a comment on his motivations for pitching up there, he declined to answer her questions.
This is just one of many tents which have appeared across the city in recent weeks, including another in Lamb Alley, near Rymans.
It is not known whether these people are sleeping rough out of choice, or have actually been made homeless.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Dragovic, head of housing at St Albans district council, said: “The council’s homelessness team is aware of everyone sleeping rough in the district and ensures offers of help and accommodation are made to all those who need it.
“We work with our partners to provide a dedicated outreach service to ensure anyone sleeping rough, who doesn’t already have somewhere to live, and who engages with local services, gets the help they need.”
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs