Ten Perfect Piglets New To London Colney Farm Village
TEN little piggies were the first arrivals of the New Year at a farm village in London Colney. Babble the sow gave birth to a litter of piglets last Thursday (7) at Willows Farm Village and all 10 – who have been christened with seasonal names such as Sno
TEN little piggies were the first arrivals of the New Year at a farm village in London Colney.
Babble the sow gave birth to a litter of piglets last Thursday (7) at Willows Farm Village and all 10 - who have been christened with seasonal names such as Snowflake, Frosty and Drift - are now living in the Farmyard Favourites pen.
The saddleback piglets were born in the middle of the night and Babble did not need any help in delivering them.
Farmer Andrew Wolfe, who will be looking after the piglets alongside his wife and fellow farmer Anna, said that he was proud of the litter: "We are delighted with our first arrivals of the New Year. The mother and all 10 piglets are healthy and well and children can come and visit them to see if they can tell them all apart!"
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Willows Farm Village, visit their website at www.willowsfarmvillage.com
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 10 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'