Temporary road closure in Wheathampstead beginning this Monday
- Credit: Archant
A temporary road closure will begin in Wheathampstead this Monday due to a revamp of gas mains in the village.
The work will begin on Monday, July 28 and is expected to continue until Monday, September 22.
Closures will be in force at the High Street between July 28 and August 25 and East Lane between August 20 and September 22.
Signed diversion routes will be provided for motorists.
There will also need to be a footpath closure of Mill Walk from July 28 until August 18 while the work is underway.
You may also want to watch:
The project will replace existing metal mains on the B651 High Street, East Lane and Mill Lane with new hardwearing plastic pipe which has a lifespan of 80 years.
National Grid authorising engineer Dilbir Chana said: “It’s our job to connect people to the energy they use and these new gas mains will help ensure Wheathampstead continues to enjoy a safe and reliable gas supply.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
“We will make every effort to minimise any inconvenience caused by our work.”
All shops and businesses along the High Street will be open for business as usual.
If anyone has any queries about the work they can contact customer services on 0800 0965678.