Temporary road closure in Wheathampstead beginning this Monday
- Credit: Archant
A temporary road closure will begin in Wheathampstead this Monday due to a revamp of gas mains in the village.
The work will begin on Monday, July 28 and is expected to continue until Monday, September 22.
Closures will be in force at the High Street between July 28 and August 25 and East Lane between August 20 and September 22.
Signed diversion routes will be provided for motorists.
There will also need to be a footpath closure of Mill Walk from July 28 until August 18 while the work is underway.
The project will replace existing metal mains on the B651 High Street, East Lane and Mill Lane with new hardwearing plastic pipe which has a lifespan of 80 years.
National Grid authorising engineer Dilbir Chana said: “It’s our job to connect people to the energy they use and these new gas mains will help ensure Wheathampstead continues to enjoy a safe and reliable gas supply.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
“We will make every effort to minimise any inconvenience caused by our work.”
All shops and businesses along the High Street will be open for business as usual.
If anyone has any queries about the work they can contact customer services on 0800 0965678.