Temporary parking system sought for popular shops centre
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush. Sainsbury s has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre. Christmas
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush.
Sainsbury's has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre.
Christmas shoppers using the centre last year found parking was at a premium after a substantial number of the original parking spaces were lost to the building of new stores and a large extension to Marks and Spencer.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury's, which owns most of the Colney Fields car park, said: "It is quite common to do this at times of extra pressure on spaces. We use a metal modular structure which can be easily dismantled when no longer needed. It takes about four days to put up."
You may also want to watch:
The extra deck -- to be placed near the access road to the M25 -- should provide about 100 extra spaces and would be taken down in January.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church