Temporary parking system sought for popular shops centre
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush. Sainsbury s has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre. Christmas
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush.
Sainsbury's has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre.
Christmas shoppers using the centre last year found parking was at a premium after a substantial number of the original parking spaces were lost to the building of new stores and a large extension to Marks and Spencer.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury's, which owns most of the Colney Fields car park, said: "It is quite common to do this at times of extra pressure on spaces. We use a metal modular structure which can be easily dismantled when no longer needed. It takes about four days to put up."
The extra deck -- to be placed near the access road to the M25 -- should provide about 100 extra spaces and would be taken down in January.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star