Temporary parking system sought for popular shops centre
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush. Sainsbury s has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre. Christmas
TEMPORARY extra parking could be added at the Colney Fields shopping centre in a bid to cope with the Christmas rush.
Sainsbury's has applied for planning permission to put up a temporary car deck over part of the London Colney shopping centre.
Christmas shoppers using the centre last year found parking was at a premium after a substantial number of the original parking spaces were lost to the building of new stores and a large extension to Marks and Spencer.
A spokesperson for Sainsbury's, which owns most of the Colney Fields car park, said: "It is quite common to do this at times of extra pressure on spaces. We use a metal modular structure which can be easily dismantled when no longer needed. It takes about four days to put up."
You may also want to watch:
The extra deck -- to be placed near the access road to the M25 -- should provide about 100 extra spaces and would be taken down in January.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school