Teens target younger boy and steal iPod
TWO TEENAGERS stole an expensive iPod from another younger boy in St Albans last Thursday.
The 15-year-old was walking along the footpath along Watling Street between 4pm and 4.30pm when two teenagers aged between 15 and 17 approached him and one asked him for money. The other teen then put his hand in the victim’s pocket and took his iPod Touch before they made off through a gap in the hedges to a field and towards the Cottonmill estate.
One suspect is described as a boy of Asian appearance with short black hair who was wearing blue Fila tracksuit bottoms. The second boy is described as a white boy with short hair wearing a grey hooded top and pushing a bicycle.
PC Andrew Shepherd, investigating, said: “This was a nasty incident where two boys have targeted another boy who is younger than them.
“I would like to appeal for anyone who saw the incident, or the suspects before or after it, to come forward. In particular, there was a woman walking a black-coloured dog in the field during the time of the incident and she may have information vital to this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
The path where the incident occurred leads to the underpass for Park Street roundabout, under the A414.
Anyone with information should contact PC Shepherd on 0845 33 00 222 citing crime reference F1/11/1743 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall