Teens, 13 and 15, charged with attempted burglary of Harpenden shop
- Credit: Archant
Two teens appeared in court on Wednesday (5) charged with attempted burglary after they were caught acting suspiciously outside a wine shop.
A 15 year old and 13 year old were arrested after police, accompanied by a police dog, were called to the Wine Rack on High Street, Harpenden, in the early hours of July 3.
Officers quickly detained the pair and found them in possession of black bags, gloves and pants. They were arrested for the offence of going equipped to commit theft.
Police dog Oz searched then the local vicinity with his handler and picked up a scent which led to a screwdriver under a van.
The teenagers were later arrested for attempted burglary after damage to the front door of the Wine Rack was found.
a 15-year-old boy from Borehamwood pleaded guilty to attempted burglary at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (5) and was made subject to a youth rehabilitation order.
On July 22, a 13-year-old boy from Borehamwood pleaded guilty to attempted burglary at St Albans Magistrates’ Court. He has been referred to West Hertfordshire youth offender panel.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 6 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 7 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Sergeant Vicky Stoughton from the BCH Dog Unit said: “Oz and his handler should be proud of the role they played in this incident. Oz’s excellent sense of smell led to seizure of the screwdriver that may have otherwise been missed. This in turn led to the arrest and successful charge of the boys for attempted burglary.”
You can keep up with the latest news about the ‘partners on four paws’ here.