Teens, 13 and 15, charged with attempted burglary of Harpenden shop
- Credit: Archant
Two teens appeared in court on Wednesday (5) charged with attempted burglary after they were caught acting suspiciously outside a wine shop.
A 15 year old and 13 year old were arrested after police, accompanied by a police dog, were called to the Wine Rack on High Street, Harpenden, in the early hours of July 3.
Officers quickly detained the pair and found them in possession of black bags, gloves and pants. They were arrested for the offence of going equipped to commit theft.
Police dog Oz searched then the local vicinity with his handler and picked up a scent which led to a screwdriver under a van.
The teenagers were later arrested for attempted burglary after damage to the front door of the Wine Rack was found.
You may also want to watch:
a 15-year-old boy from Borehamwood pleaded guilty to attempted burglary at St Albans Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (5) and was made subject to a youth rehabilitation order.
On July 22, a 13-year-old boy from Borehamwood pleaded guilty to attempted burglary at St Albans Magistrates’ Court. He has been referred to West Hertfordshire youth offender panel.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
Sergeant Vicky Stoughton from the BCH Dog Unit said: “Oz and his handler should be proud of the role they played in this incident. Oz’s excellent sense of smell led to seizure of the screwdriver that may have otherwise been missed. This in turn led to the arrest and successful charge of the boys for attempted burglary.”
You can keep up with the latest news about the ‘partners on four paws’ here.