Teenagers robbed under knife-point in Radlett
TWO teenage boys were robbed under knife-point in Radlett last month, police have just revealed.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses and information after the 16-year-olds were approached by two men who stole their mobile phones, wallets and cash on May 13.
They had been heading towards the train station along Watford Road, near the junction of Newlands Avenue and Station Road, when the two men walking in the opposite direction robbed them before heading back in the direction they came from. Neither victim was injured.
The suspects, one of whom was holding a knife, are described as two white men aged in their late teens to early 20s and approximately 5ft 9ins tall. One is described as being of a stocky build and wearing dark grey zipped hooded top and dark tracksuit bottoms. The second was described as being of a slim build, wearing a white balaclava, a white jacket and dark coloured tracksuit bottoms.
Detective constable Darren Machin from the Local Crime Unit in Borehamwood is investigating and said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and has any information about what happened to contact police. Thankfully the victims were not injured but they have been left shaken by what has happened. It is important we trace these two suspects so please do call if you have any information which may assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Dc Darren Machin on 0845 3300 222 or, alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans