Teenagers mugged in park
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night. It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of wh
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night.
It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of whom asked to borrow a mobile phone.
They then attacked their victims, hitting them on the face and head with a bottle before knocking them to the ground and continuing to assault them.
The thieves took mobile phones from both victims as well as a wallet before making off.
You may also want to watch:
The first victim, who was from St Albans, suffered a cut lip while the second, from Welham Green, had a bump on his head.
One of the attackers was aged 16 or 17, of medium to chubby build with short hair and bad acne. He was wearing dark tracksuit bottoms, a light hooded top which was possibly blue, with thin black horizontal lines and white trainers.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
The second was of similar age, of medium build and wearing a dark tracksuit, a hoodie, possibly white, with the hood up and dark trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Angelina Wade on 0845 33 00 222.