Teenagers mugged in park
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night. It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of wh
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night.
It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of whom asked to borrow a mobile phone.
They then attacked their victims, hitting them on the face and head with a bottle before knocking them to the ground and continuing to assault them.
The thieves took mobile phones from both victims as well as a wallet before making off.
You may also want to watch:
The first victim, who was from St Albans, suffered a cut lip while the second, from Welham Green, had a bump on his head.
One of the attackers was aged 16 or 17, of medium to chubby build with short hair and bad acne. He was wearing dark tracksuit bottoms, a light hooded top which was possibly blue, with thin black horizontal lines and white trainers.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
The second was of similar age, of medium build and wearing a dark tracksuit, a hoodie, possibly white, with the hood up and dark trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Angelina Wade on 0845 33 00 222.