Teenagers mugged in park
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night. It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of wh
TWO teenagers were struck on the face and head with a bottle by muggers who snatched their mobile phones on Friday night.
It happened in Verulamium Park, St Albans, at around 10.30pm when the two 16-year-olds were approached by two other youths, one of whom asked to borrow a mobile phone.
They then attacked their victims, hitting them on the face and head with a bottle before knocking them to the ground and continuing to assault them.
The thieves took mobile phones from both victims as well as a wallet before making off.
The first victim, who was from St Albans, suffered a cut lip while the second, from Welham Green, had a bump on his head.
One of the attackers was aged 16 or 17, of medium to chubby build with short hair and bad acne. He was wearing dark tracksuit bottoms, a light hooded top which was possibly blue, with thin black horizontal lines and white trainers.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
The second was of similar age, of medium build and wearing a dark tracksuit, a hoodie, possibly white, with the hood up and dark trainers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Angelina Wade on 0845 33 00 222.