Two teenage boys from Luton arrested in connection with Harpenden robberies
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested following a spate of muggings in a park in Harpenden.
A 15-year-old boy and a 16-year-old boy, both from Luton, were arrested in connection with nine offences which took place between Saturday, October 28 and Tuesday, October 31.
They have since been released under investigation, and officers are carrying out further investigation into the crimes.
On Saturday, October 28, two robberies took place in Rothamsted Park between 4pm and 5.50pm, as well as one attempted robbery.
On Sunday, October 29, two more robberies took place in the park between 4pm and 4.20pm, and another attempted robbery took place at 5pm on Station Road.
You may also want to watch:
There was another robbery on Tuesday, October 31 in Station Road at 7pm, and an attempted robbery on the same day at 9pm in the High Street.
Anyone who has information that could assist the investigation can contact the St Albans Local Crime Unit via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference F2/17/2092 or report information online at https://www.herts.police.uk/Report/Report-Shared/Report-a-crime.aspx.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.