Teenager appears in court following fire at Verulam School, St Albans
THE teenager charged in connection with a major fire at Verulam School this week appeared in court this morning (Thursday). The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, stood in front of St Albans magistrates this morning charged with two coun
THE teenager charged in connection with a major fire at Verulam School this week appeared in court this morning (Thursday).
The 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, stood in front of St Albans magistrates this morning charged with two counts of arson recklessly endangering lives.
One relates to a small fire at the Brampton Road, St Albans, school on Monday at 11.30am and the other is in connection with a much bigger fire at the same time the following day.
The case was adjourned and he is due to appear again on March 12 with another youth charged in connection with Monday's small fire.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old was granted conditional bail until his next hearing which includes a daily curfew between 7pm and 7am. He is also banned from the vicinity of the school and speaking to any witnesses.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style