Chiswell Green teenager produces comedy podcast
- Credit: Archant
A teenage girl from Chiswell Green has realised her ambition to become a comedy sketch writer by releasing her own podcast.
Harry Derbyshire, 16, who attends Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls, was inspired to produce the podcast after joining the production team of West Herts Drivetime on Radio Verulam.
The six-episode podcast is titled ‘Harry Derbyshire Should Be Heard But Not Seen’ and will be released weekly on iTunes.
Harry, who hopes to study classics at university and one day combine classics and comedy, said: “I have been passionate about comedy and comedy writing ever since discovering comedians such as Kate McKinnon (from US show Saturday Night Live), Tracey Ullman, Fry and Laurie and Victoria Wood.”
West Herts Drivetime host Danny Smith said: “Harry is one of the most talented and committed young people I have ever worked with.
You may also want to watch:
“She has a natural talent for comedy.”
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book