Teenage girl assaulted in city-centre graveyard
A TEENAGE girl was pulled into St Albans city-centre graveyard and assaulted yesterday (Wednesday) evening. It happened at around 8.20pm in the graveyard at St Peter s Church. The 14-year-old victim was inappropriately touched according to police who a
A TEENAGE girl was pulled into St Albans city-centre graveyard and assaulted yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
It happened at around 8.20pm in the graveyard at St Peter's Church. The 14-year-old victim was "inappropriately touched" according to police who are appealing for information and witnesses.
The girl managed to push her attacker away and then ran off towards St Peter's Street.
Police are hunting for an Asian man who was around 5ft 9ins tall and aged between 40 and 50. He was of large build and had missing teeth on the left side of his mouth.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Andy Boyer from the Local Crime Group said: "We are treating this incident extremely seriously and are following several lines of inquiry but we still need the public's help in tracing the person responsible."
Police are looking for anyone who was in the area at the time, saw anyone acting suspiciously or knows anything about the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call Dc Boyer on 0845 3300222 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans