Teenage girl assaulted in city-centre graveyard
A TEENAGE girl was pulled into St Albans city-centre graveyard and assaulted yesterday (Wednesday) evening. It happened at around 8.20pm in the graveyard at St Peter s Church. The 14-year-old victim was inappropriately touched according to police who a
A TEENAGE girl was pulled into St Albans city-centre graveyard and assaulted yesterday (Wednesday) evening.
It happened at around 8.20pm in the graveyard at St Peter's Church. The 14-year-old victim was "inappropriately touched" according to police who are appealing for information and witnesses.
The girl managed to push her attacker away and then ran off towards St Peter's Street.
Police are hunting for an Asian man who was around 5ft 9ins tall and aged between 40 and 50. He was of large build and had missing teeth on the left side of his mouth.
Det Con Andy Boyer from the Local Crime Group said: "We are treating this incident extremely seriously and are following several lines of inquiry but we still need the public's help in tracing the person responsible."
Police are looking for anyone who was in the area at the time, saw anyone acting suspiciously or knows anything about the incident. Anyone with information is asked to call Dc Boyer on 0845 3300222 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 6 Where and when can you see Santa's float in Harpenden?
- 7 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
- 8 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 9 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 10 1,000 new homes planned next to village