Teen dies after suspected stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Stuart Potts
A teenager has died in hospital after a suspected stabbing in St Albans this morning (Saturday).
Detectives are appealing for witnesses of the incident, which occured at about 3.20am in London Road.
Police have said the man, aged 19, was injured during an ‘altercation’ and he was taken to Watford General Hospital where he later died.
They have subsequently arrested nine people on suspicion of murder including: a 27 year old woman, a 29 year old man, a 28 year old man, a 24 year old man, a 22 year old woman, a 25 year old man, a 26 year old man, a 17 year old girl, and a 16 year old girl.
All nine reamin in custody at this time.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins from the major crime unit said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this incident to come forward. This occurred in the early hours of the morning and was likely to have attracted attention of anyone in the immediate area.
“If you saw or heard anything that may be connected, or if you have information about the incident, please contact the police as soon as possible.”
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 9 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Police are yet to confirm whether a stabbing took place. A spokesman from Herts Police said: “It would be inappropriate for us to comment any further at this time.”
If you have any information on the incident please contact the police via the non-emergency number 101 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.