Teen burglar traced by police dog in Markyate
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been arrested and charged with five counts of burglary after a police dog and handler tracked him in Markyate.
Police were called to Roman Way on Thursday (28) evening following reports of suspicious activity and saw two people leave the area at about 7.40.
Police Dog Tai and his handler were called to help track them, with Tai leading his handler through a factory yard into nearby gardens.
Officers were directed to the area and detained a 16 year old boy from Bedford, who was later charged following alleged burglaries in Slip End and Markyate.
The second person is yet to be traced. A spokesperson for Herts Police said they are currently making ‘active enquiries’ to find them.
You may also want to watch:
The German Shepherd then located items suspected of being stolen, including a computer and jewellery.
The teen appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on January 30 and was remanded to appear again on Wednesday, February 3.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall